Apricot Production in Turkey
Apricot farming is very developed in Turkey, especially in Igdir province of Malatya apricot growers and present, they are making organic apricot production. Apricot growers in Iğdır province export all their products in the season.
Iğdır’s climate is the East Anatolian terrestrial climate. The plains of Iğdır province are not affected much by the severe continental climate in other parts of Eastern Anatolia. The most important reason for this is the fact that it is low in relation to high areas such as Mount Ararat. The average annual temperature is 11.6 ° C in Iğdır city, which is in the Iğdır Plain, which forms a microclimate with its location. In Iğdır, which is an important stop on caravan routes, the economy is largely based on agriculture. It is important for apricot growers. Iğdırda apricot cultivation, which is one of the most important plant production areas in the Eastern Anatolia Region, has developed over time and apricot producers can find their products very easily in the foreign market.
Apricot benefits for human health;
1) It ensures the regular operation of the brain, prevents fatigue and reduces stress.
2) Provides repair of damaged parts of the liver which is considered as the most important storage and laboratory of the body.
3) It plays an important role in making the bones much more smooth and sound.
4) It has the effect of being stronger and stronger.
5) Reduces stone formation of kidneys.
6) It has a protective effect against cancer.
7) Strengthens the heart muscles and ensures more regular operation.
8) Prevents anemia by increasing blood production, prevents ulceration of stomach and duodenum and treats ulcers.
9) Apricot content rich in potassium, sodium mineral is low and vitamin A is rich in core substance carotence plays an important role in balanced nutrition.
10) Reproductive system plays a positive role, increases sexual power.